Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Little Dose of Insanity

I realized recently that it takes a little dose of insanity to be a fantasy writer. (Okay, quick dash away from the computer to chastise my one year old for throwing a building block at my three year old's head.) I came to this realization one night last week when I was home alone and I randomly started brainstorming some ideas for book three (which has a tentative title TBA). I was pacing my living room talking to myself... and, I mean, not just talking, but having a full-blown back and forth conversation. So anyhow, I paused mid-stream and said to myself, "If anybody walked into the room right now, they would that I am totally nuts!" But that got me to thinking. I wonder how many other creative types have similarly borderline crazy habits? Is there a fine line between creativity and insanity? Perhaps. Perhaps... Anyhow, quick update: Notes for book three are coming along quite nicely. I've conceptualized a few important plot points and am excited at where the story is taking me. Revisions on The Oracle are moving. My two editors have finished their revisions, and I next have to combine their revisions with my revisions to push out a second draft. I am hoping to move the publication date up a couple weeks, but we'll see what happens!

2 comments:

  1. Are we going to get a sneak peak at the cover art?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have character dialogue conversation with myself! My brother makes fun of me when he hears me talking to myself in my room. One time I did a conversation between five different characters all by myself... if that's not borderline crazy then I don't know what is. Well... that and I like to draw any tattoos that my characters have on myself, but that could just be because I like to see pretty colors on my own skin. :)

    ReplyDelete