Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

Character Interview- Sam

K. B. Hoyle: Thank you for sitting down with me, Sam! You must be quite busy right now, being so many people’s favorite character.


Sam: (blushing) Well, I don’t know about that!

K. B. Hoyle: Don’t be so modest. Your fans have been clamoring to know more about you. Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?

Sam: Sure! Go ahead.



KB: What is your full name?

Sam: Samantha Julie Palm

KB: Are you named after anyone in particular?

Sam: My mom’s sister is named Julie. My parents just liked the name Samantha, though.

KB: How old are you?

Sam: Thirteen. Still feels weird…

KB: Darcy mentioned something similar when we sat down together the other day. Do you have any thoughts on that you’d like to add?

Sam: (laughs) Yeah, Darcy and I have spent a LOT of time going over it! It’s just too weird… I mean, we lived a whole year in Alitheia! Isn’t that crazy? I can hardly believe that we have to live this year all over again. I don’t feel thirteen anymore!

KB: Do you think anybody will be able to tell a difference?

Sam: A difference in… how I look? Or how I act? I mean, I look exactly the same as when we left a year ago for Alitheia, but I like to think I act a little more mature. Darcy is certainly acting differently!

KB: She sure is. Was it strange to have Darcy end up being the leader of you and your friends in Alitheia?

Sam: No! Not for me, at least. I’ve always believed that Darcy is super cool, and I’ve wanted to be friends with her for ages. I could tell that she had a lot of potential that nobody else could see. It took a long time for the others to accept it, though.

KB: Amelia in particular. Do you think Amelia and Darcy will be good friends from now on?

Sam: (hesitates) I hope so. I love them both so much.

KB: (nodding) Okay, well… back to some basic questions. Where were you born?

Sam: I was born in Madison, Wisconsin. We’ve lived in the Chicago area since I was… seven, I think.

KB: Who do you look like, your mom or dad?

Sam: Um, well… that’s hard for me to say. (blushes) People tell me I look just like my mom did at my age, but I have a hard time believing that.

KB: Why’s that?

Sam: Have you seen my mom? She’s so thin! And I’m… well, a lot of people say that I just need to grow out of my baby fat. (shrugs) Let’s just say that I don’t think Perry’ll like me any time soon. Wait! He’s not going to be reading this, is he?

KB: I can make sure he won’t see it. Don’t lose hope, though! You never know what can happen in the future.

Sam: (shrugs again) That’s what Amelia tells me, too.

KB: So what do you do for fun?

Sam: Hang out with Lewis, and now I’ll be spending a lot of time with Darcy, too! We all live so close, you know. I love my friends. I’d spend every minute of every day with them, if I could!

KB: Do you think you’ve gotten closer with Lewis as a result of your adventures?

Sam: I don’t think so. I mean, Lewis and I already pretty much knew everything about each other before we went off to Alitheia. And I think he’s okay with Darcy now.

KB: What’s your favorite book?

Sam: (wrinkles her nose) I’m not a big fan of reading. I like movies, though!

KB: So what’s your favorite movie, then?

Sam: I love romantic comedies! My favorite would probably be Emma.

KB: Emma? As in, the movie adaptation of the Jane Austen novel?

Sam: Who’s Jane Austen?

KB: (shakes head and sighs) Never mind. What’s the best thing that happened to you in Alitheia?

Sam: I became friends with Darcy!

KB: What’s the worst thing that happened to you in Alitheia?

Sam: (becomes pale) I… I hated the tsellodrin. (shudders) Anything having to do with the tsellodrin… still give me nightmares sometimes.

KB: Perfectly understandable. They are pretty frightening! (shuffles papers) I’m going to move on to some word association. I’ll give you two options, and you tell me which word best suits you.

Sam: Okay!

KB: Introvert or Extrovert?

Sam: Extrovert!

KB: Nervous or Calm?

Sam: Oh! That’s a hard one for me. I guess it kind of depends on the situation, but people often tell me I’m kinda spastic. Maybe that means nervous.

KB: Leader or Follower?

Sam: Follower.

KB: Brave or Fearful?

Sam: Fearful. I’m a total scaredy cat! I wish I could be brave… like Darcy. She’s so brave, and she doesn’t even know it!

KB: Honest or Dishonest?

Sam: Honest. I always tell the truth.



K. B. Hoyle: Okay! Thanks so much for coming in today, Sam. It’s really been a pleasure. One last question: If you could tell our readers one thing only about your experience in Alitheia, what would it be?

Sam: (thoughtful) Gosh… I haven’t ever thought about that. Um, well… I guess I’d tell them that they should always look for the good in people. I looked for the good in Darcy, even when nobody else believed in her, and she turned out to be the best and the bravest of us all! And my new best friend.

K. B. Hoyle: (laughing) I’m not sure everybody would agree with you there about Darcy!

Sam: It doesn’t matter what they think. It’s true. And even if they can’t see it now, they’ll see it some day.

K. B. Hoyle: Thanks again, Sam!

Sam: My pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment